This term we will be looking at Africa and the influence of the continent on the world!
This term we will be looking at Addition and Subtraction for both year groups -
- Add and subtract numbers mentally, including:
- a three-digit number and 1s
- a three-digit number and 10s
- a three-digit number and 100s
- Add and subtract numbers with up to 3 digits, using formal written methods of columnar addition and subtraction
- Estimate the answer to a calculation and use inverse operations to check answers
- Solve problems, including missing number problems, using number facts, place value, and more complex addition and subtraction
- add and subtract numbers with up to 4 digits using the formal written methods of columnar addition and subtraction where appropriate
- estimate and use inverse operations to check answers to a calculation
- solve addition and subtraction two-step problems in contexts, deciding which operations and methods to use and why
Our focus text will be - The Long Road to Freedom
This text will be used to inspire children into investigating Nelson Mandela and how he changed the lives of many.
Children will get their chance to write letters, diary entries, speeches and newspaper articles all based on the text.
Further books will be used to support literacy throughout the term.
As a class, we really enjoy reading, and we read for at least 20 minutes a day. Reading record will be checked every day and this will contribute to your child achieving their Bronze, Silver and Gold Certificates for 10 consecutive days of reading.
Our class will participate on a Wednesday afternoon with Mrs Crosby. Please ensure that your child has their boots and kit every week. Please speak to us if you need guidance on what is required.
Friday afternoon and will be with our specialist sports instructors who will use their extensive coaching knowledge to support a variety of different sports.
The class teacher will inform the parents of the homework via Seesaw
Spellings will be set via Spelling Frame. Children have one week to complete the test on the given words.