We hope you have had a wonderful Christmas holiday and are ready to start term 3!
Please scroll down to look at our daily timetable and upcoming learning for the term. If you have any questions please speak to myself or Ms Mcgarvie at the door or through our online learning platform 'Seesaw'.
Cherry Class Weekly Timetable
|Story Time||Story Time||Story Time||Story Time||PSHE|
Please ensure all school uniform is clearly labelled.
Children will need a:
- PE kit - white t-shirt, black shorts and plimsolls.
- Forest school kit - long trousers, long sleeved top, coat and welly boots (please see timetable above).
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to talk to Mrs Greenwood or Ms Mcgarvie. If necessary, please make an appointment.
We will be continuing our topic this term of the 'Victorians'.
In Literacy, we will be reading 'Dear Santa' which we will be linking to letter writing. We will be writing instructions on how to play games, and we will be researching Florence Nightingale. Children will focus on adjectives, homophones and compound words.
In Numeracy, children will have been exploring 2d and 3d shapes and looking at height and length.
In RE, we will be looking at 'Gospel'.
In PSHE, we will be looking at 'Dreams and Goals'.
In ICT, we will be looking at 'Digitial Writing'
In Topic, which covers Art and History we will be looking at the Victorians including; toys, schools and looking at Florence Nightingale.
In Science we will be looking the 'Animals including Humans'.
Please log in to your Seesaw accounts to access our online learning platform.
- Reading - Please make sure your child is reading every day. Please sign and date their log books each time your child reads. If you feel your child is confidently reading their book, please practise the RWI words with your child (red words and green words). All children should now confidently read and spell set 1 and 2 words with few errors. They should begin be able to read the majority of the red words. Year 2 to focus on set 3 for this term until your child can confidently read and spell each word on the list.
- Spellings - set via Spelling Frame
- Timetables/maths - set via Maths Frame
Additional Home learning activities:
Great for crafting and creating:
- https://www.theschoolrun.com/ A great resource to help understand year 1.
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ An excellent range of activities to practise maths and literacy skills.
- www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks2bitesize/literacy. A good range of games to practise reading, writing, spelling and some great adventures that combine English, maths and science.
- www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks2bitesize/numeracy. A good range of games to practise maths skills.
- http://www.primaryresources.co.uk/maths/maths.htm. A good selection of fun activities at all levels.
These are great sites for looking after yours and your child's wellbeing.