Develop Lifelong Readers with Accelerated Reader (AR)
Promoting Reading for Pleasure
AR is a powerful tool for monitoring and managing independent reading practice. With AR, teachers can create a reading programme to meet the needs of every pupil.
Children using AR choose their own books to read, rather than having one assigned to them. This makes reading a much more enjoyable experience as they can choose books that are interesting to them.
Teachers and librarians help your child choose books at an appropriate readability level that are challenging without being frustrating, ensuring that your child can pass the quiz and experience success.
If your child does not do well on the quiz, the teacher or librarian may help your child:
• Choose another book that is more appropriate.
• Ask more probing questions as your child reads and before your child takes a quiz.
• Pair your child with another student, or even have the book read to your child.
In most cases, children really enjoy taking the quizzes. Since they’re reading books at their reading and interest levels, they are likely to be successful. This is satisfying for most children. Best of all, they learn and grow at their own pace.
In addition, it helps teachers to monitor students’ vocabulary growth, literacy skills development and reading skills taught through other reading schemes.
- Develop a lifelong love of reading in pupils
- Motivate pupils of all ages to read more, suitably challenging, books
- Raise literacy standards for pupils of all ages and abilities
- Access instant reporting on each pupil’s progress and diagnose issues